More achievement changes, including the nerfing of Insanity.
So the big news today, besides the announcement of the adorable new moonchicken and rag’s pets, and the new troll bat flight form is the blue post on Insane in the Membrane.
Feats of Strength
- Insane in the Membrane no longer requires the Shen’dralar reputation.
Ok, I don’t begrudge Blizzard on this being as they did originally tell folks not to worry about insanity come cata, then announced at blizzcon that they were getting rid of a key rep and putting a bullet in the feat of strength. But for those of us that have it, well, I don’t know about the rest of you but I feel severely cheapened. If you have not worked on this, Shen’dralar is easily (or was) one of the most costly reps in the game to grind. Librams which were unique equipped sold for 150g-300g on Ysera where I worked on it. Large brilliant shards ran 10g a piece (of which 2 to 4 were needed each), countless hours spent farming the necessary Skin of Shadows, Frayed Abomination Skins, and (I still shudder remembering) Blood of Heroes. And the creme de la creme, 84 Pristine Black Diamonds which were purchasable for 300g to 400g a piece. And when all is said and done, this rep does not even equate to its own rep achievement! Sure it will likely still count to your overall total, but where’s the recognition for all the work?? Another title, or some kind of novelty pet or mount would have been nice. A strongly disappointing day for Blizzard in my eyes.
But enough of my ranting, here’s the rest of the achievement changes for the day.
Player – General
- Helping Scribes Pay the Bills has been removed.
Guild – Quests
- A Daily Routine now requires you to complete 15 000 quests, down from 25 000.
- Daily Driver now requires you to complete 30 000 quests, down from 50 000.
- The Daily Grind now requires you to complete 75 000 quests, down from 100 000.
Guild – Player vs. Player
- Kill Squad now requires you to get 100 000 honorable kills, down from 500 000.
- Guild Gankers now requires you to get 250 000 honorable kills, down from 1 000 000.
- Creepjackers now requires you to get 1 000 000 honorable kills, down from 2 500 000.
Player – Quests
- Thousand Needles Quests now requires 60 quests, down from 64.
- Unearthing Uldum now requires 108 quests, down from 120.
- My Very Own Broodmother now requires you to complete the quest within 90 seconds of striking the crystal. (Old – Killing Aesora within 50 seconds)
Player – World Event
- Bros. Before Ho Ho Ho’s no longer requires Brother Anton in Nijel’s Point.